What would happen if we didn’t have our feet and toes? We couldn’t walk, run, kick. Feet are taken for granted everyday!! They are the soul to which our body functions and yet we stuff them in tight shoes, walk on hard surfaces and do not think that they might need to stretch and breathe. This is why stretching your feet is just as important as stretching the rest of your body.
What can happen if we do not stretch our feet and toes:
- When toes are held in one position too much, the muscles tighten and don’t go back to normal length.
- Many people do not use muscles in their feet or toes when they walk. They just clomp. The muscles that normally work to pull toes and forefoot downward during the weight-bearing phase never engage properly. The toes stretch upward during push-off, but not downward.
- If you walk with feet facing outward, the “push-off” phase is on the side of the big toe instead of the bottom of the foot. After years of being pushed toward the other toes, the big toe eventually tightens into the new shifted position.
Benefits to Stretching Feet/Toes:
- Healthy spacing between toes can help prevent fungus, callus, and injuries
- Stretching toes regularly can help with balance
- Can help avoid issues such as hammer toe, curl toe, hook toe, and even bunions
How The Leg Tech Can Help:
The Leg Tech was designed to help you reach the dorsiflexion of the foot, which is the stretch shown in the image above. You have the ability to adjust the tightness for a soft stretch or deep stretch. This will not only help your toes and feet stretch, but your entire leg. Keeping your feet, ankles, calves, and hamstrings loose and stretched can help with preventing and relieving the following injuries or conditions:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Anterior Tibialis Tendinitis
- Shin Splints
- Heel Spurs
- Restless Leg Syndrome
Buy Your Leg Tech Today